Saturday, September 27, 2008

TOOL-Pink Floyd, and Stranger in a Strange Land

Two quick topics on my mind atm that I want to quickly go into:
1. Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, by Pink Floyd reminds me an awful lot of Wings for Marie part 1 and 2 by TOOL. I can;t imagine TOOL not taking a lot of influence for their later music from Pink Floyd's older music. I would also LOVE to see TOOL do a direct cover of Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun.


Set the Controls For the Heart of the Sun (Live at Pompeii) - Pink Floyd


Wings for Marie (part 1) - TOOL


10,000 Days (wings part 2) - TOOL (1/2)


10,000 Days (wings part 2) - TOOL (2/2)



Second topic for this post - Stranger in a Strange Land, by Robert Heinlein. I am about to finish reading it, and it is a book expressing numerous ideas which I am very at one with - I grok them (feel very corny saying that). Actually, I don't feel like writing about this now. I feel like watching all of the video clips I just posted above. Maybe I will talk more about this book later.

Bye.

No comments: